Admittedly, I had no idea what the Liebster Award was until I was nominated by the amazing and talented Laura (thank you, Laura)! Luckily, I was able to find out more about the Liebster award from Laura’s blog after my Google search showed numerous varied results. When someone nominates you for the Liebster award, you write 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions written by the person who nominated you, nominate people, and ask them 11 questions. I’m actually pretty terrible at answering questions about myself, but I’ll try.
1. I love to dance even though I am absolutely terrible at it. I go to zumba classes even though I am easily the worst dancer in every class. Hey, you’ve got to learn to “dance like no one’s watching,” right?
2. Live music is one of my favorite things. I can go to just about any show and be inspired by it. Musicians pour so much passion into their performances and it’s just incredible.
3. Good Will Hunting is my favorite movie.
4. In middle school, I dyed a portion of my hair hot pink and wore neon pants pretty much every day.
5. I love analyzing poetry.
6. I’m a vegetarian.
7. I love fiction and nonfiction equally. Sometimes, I love to tell my own stories and other people’s stories. Other times, I just really enjoy making things up.
8. I love magazines and I am not ashamed. Of course, that’s not to say that I love all magazines.
9. Sweaters are my favorite clothing item. I try to wear them during every season, but that doesn’t always work out well.
10. I pretty much check my email every 10 minutes.
11. I am basically an expert at cleaning art supplies and mixing paint. (new skills for my resume?)
1. Why did you start your blog?
I originally started my blog based on the idea that everyone has a voice, regardless of how he or she expresses it. I use my blog to express my voice, hoping that it inspires other people to think about how they share their stories.
2. You are going out for brunch with your favorite celebrity – what do you wear?
Probably a black dress because that’s what I wear 85% of the time.
3. What is your favorite thing to read on other blogs?
I love reading about people’s feelings and experiences.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve and on the contrary, what is the best quality you think a person can/should posses?
My biggest pet peeve is when people criticize something but make no attempt to improve it or do it differently. For example, when people criticize free events that they could’ve helped plan but didn’t. I think sense of humor and honesty are super important.
5. Do you like anything that most other people dislike? If so, what?
Yes. Public transportation, pop punk music, young adult books, and small towns. I even like the school bus; there are so many stories there! I’m a big fan of Blink-182 because sometimes pop punk just makes sense and expresses complicated feelings so simply, kind of like young adult books do. I love small towns even though I love big cities too.
6. Who is the most influential person in your life?
My parents, but I’m inspired by everyone in some way.
7. What is your favorite twitter account?
The Poets House twitter page
8. What color nail polish do you have on, if any?
9. What singular word would you use to describe yourself?
10. What is your go-to food for a snack?
Does coffee count?
11. Where do you see your blog in 5 years?
I honestly have no idea. I hope to see it become a place where people can interact and share their stories somehow.
1. What do you hope to learn more about within the next year?
2. What’s your favorite way to express yourself?
3. What songs inspire you the most?
4. What’s your favorite newspaper or magazine and why?
5. Why do you think blogging is important?
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
7. How do you make time for blogging?
8. Have you ever felt brave while writing? How and why?
9. What inspires you?
10. Do you use social media to promote your blog? Why or why not?
11. How has your blog changed since you started it?
1. Alex- The College Lifestylist
2. Chloe- Part of Chloe’s World
3. Felicia- Thoughtful Minds United
4. Hannah- Fragmented Youth
5. Peggy- Nuances & Nostalgia
6. Kim- Mainely Fashion